June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester man arrested in knife, bat incident
MANCHESTER - A city man, armed with a knife and a bat, chased another man out of a rooming house in a dispute over personal property, police said.
Just after 4 p.m. Monday, Von Porter, 32, of 285 East High St., allegedly pushed aside a woman to get inside the room of Laurenco Lee, 34, of 452 Pine St.
He is accused of threatening Lee with a pocket knife and when Lee grabbed a bat to protect himself, police said Porter grabbed it and chased Lee out of the building.
Porter, during his arraignment Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District, on charges of burglary, criminal threatening and falsifying physical evidence, denied forcing his way into the room. Sylvia Munez, he said, "let me in." He said Lee had some items that were his that he wanted back.
Porter said police took his property into evidence.
Officers also recovered a knife hidden in a toilet tank inside a common bathroom off the hallway in the Pine Street building.
Porter is being detained on $10,000 cash/surety bail.
What's next: Porter is to return to district court for a probable cause hearing on June 27.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 5
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 8
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424