June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Londonderry man to plead guilty to sexually assaulting girl
BRENTWOOD — A former Transportation Security Administration worker plans on pleading guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a young girl in Londonderry, backing off his decision to go on trial.
Dwayne Valerio, 45, of Londonderry intends to plead guilty next month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
In January, he complained to a judge that he had not had enough contact with his lawyer. Valerio said he wanted to go on trial with a new court-appointed attorney, but Judge N. William Delker denied the request and scheduled the case for trial.
Valerio recently signed a new notice of intent to plead guilty.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public, but court documents indicate the sentence will be left up to a judge.
He faces five counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault. Each of the five charges carries up to a 10- to 30-year state prison sentence. Valerio is being held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail, where he has been held since his arrest last March.
The plea is scheduled to happen July 6 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Before his arrest, Valerio worked as a TSA officer at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, but prosecutors say the assault had no connection to his job.
Valerio worked for the TSA for three years and had no criminal record before he was charged in the sexual assault case, according to his lawyer.
The girl, now 13, told a girlfriend about being sexually assaulted. It was then reported to Londonderry police, prosecutors said.
The assaults occurred in Londonderry between 2003 and 2008, indictments say.
Valerio confessed to the assaults while being questioned by Londonderry police, prosecutors said. He was arrested the day after he was interviewed by Londonderry police. He was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury in June.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 0
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 12
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424