May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Londonderry man to plead guilty to sexually assaulting girl
BRENTWOOD — A former Transportation Security Administration worker plans on pleading guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a young girl in Londonderry, backing off his decision to go on trial.
Dwayne Valerio, 45, of Londonderry intends to plead guilty next month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
In January, he complained to a judge that he had not had enough contact with his lawyer. Valerio said he wanted to go on trial with a new court-appointed attorney, but Judge N. William Delker denied the request and scheduled the case for trial.
Valerio recently signed a new notice of intent to plead guilty.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public, but court documents indicate the sentence will be left up to a judge.
He faces five counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault. Each of the five charges carries up to a 10- to 30-year state prison sentence. Valerio is being held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail, where he has been held since his arrest last March.
The plea is scheduled to happen July 6 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Before his arrest, Valerio worked as a TSA officer at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, but prosecutors say the assault had no connection to his job.
Valerio worked for the TSA for three years and had no criminal record before he was charged in the sexual assault case, according to his lawyer.
The girl, now 13, told a girlfriend about being sexually assaulted. It was then reported to Londonderry police, prosecutors said.
The assaults occurred in Londonderry between 2003 and 2008, indictments say.
Valerio confessed to the assaults while being questioned by Londonderry police, prosecutors said. He was arrested the day after he was interviewed by Londonderry police. He was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury in June.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424