May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Copper thief strikes police building
Police arrested a homeless man Thursday night and charged him with breaking into the new Manchester Police Department building being constructed on Valley Street and stealing copper from it. It is the second time in a month that the building was targeted by a copper thief.
City highway workers reported a man stealing copper piping from the building at Valley and Maple streets about 9:45 p.m.
Police said they located a man at Somerville and Beech streets who matched the thief's description and identified him as Brian O'Connor, 34, who gave his address as the Manchester Street shelter. They also found a bag containing copper piping and clothing that matched what witnesses said the thief wore.
Police said they recovered a pair of copper pipe cutters nearby.
O'Connor is charged with burglary.
Lt. James Flanagan said police have no reason to believe he was responsible for the copper theft last month at the construction site.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 3
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Guertin girls net another win to make it 67 straight - 0
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
State puts out call for foster parents
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 25, 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424