Rochester native represents NH in Miss USA pageant
Rochester native Ryanne Harms represented New Hampshire in the Miss USA competition Sunday night in Las Vegas. The pageant was won by Miss Rhode Island, Olivia Culpo.
Harms, who earned a bachelor's in psychology with a concentration in pre-med from the University of New Hampshire, was a recipient of the Deans Scholarship and graduated magna cum laude.
The next goal on her list is to earn a master's of business administration in health administration, she told pageant officials.
Harms has worked with the elderly at local hospitals as well as with charities supported by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
According to the Miss USA pageant website, “she'll continue pursuing gymnastics, teaching herself how to cook, playing guitar and snowmobiling.”
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name