Celtics get back in series
The Boston Celtics stopped the bleeding in the Eastern Conference finals, beating the Miami Heat, 101-91, on Friday night in Boston.
Kevin Garnett (24 points, 11 rebounds) and Rajon Rondo (21 points, 10 assists) each had a double-double and Paul Pierce added 23 points to help the C’s make the series 2-1 in favor of the Heat.
LeBron James was the only Heat player to offer anything productive, pouring in 34 points, shooting 16-26 from the floor. Shooting guard Dwyane Wade struggled in the first half and finished with 18 points.
The Celtics outscored the Heat, 55-35, in the second and third quarters to take a 22-point lead into the final frame.
Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller led a fourth-quarter charge and the Heat managed to get the game as close as 95-87, but couldn’t close the gap. Chalmers and Miller finished with 14 and 11 points, respectively.
The personal foul spread, a huge focal point of the first two games of the series, was dead even in Game 3 at 24 fouls each.
Game 4 is on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. in Boston.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 1
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
- Nashua elementary teacher honored for real-world lessons - 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840