Celtics get back in series
The Boston Celtics stopped the bleeding in the Eastern Conference finals, beating the Miami Heat, 101-91, on Friday night in Boston.
Kevin Garnett (24 points, 11 rebounds) and Rajon Rondo (21 points, 10 assists) each had a double-double and Paul Pierce added 23 points to help the C’s make the series 2-1 in favor of the Heat.
LeBron James was the only Heat player to offer anything productive, pouring in 34 points, shooting 16-26 from the floor. Shooting guard Dwyane Wade struggled in the first half and finished with 18 points.
The Celtics outscored the Heat, 55-35, in the second and third quarters to take a 22-point lead into the final frame.
Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller led a fourth-quarter charge and the Heat managed to get the game as close as 95-87, but couldn’t close the gap. Chalmers and Miller finished with 14 and 11 points, respectively.
The personal foul spread, a huge focal point of the first two games of the series, was dead even in Game 3 at 24 fouls each.
Game 4 is on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. in Boston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 1
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840