Celtics get back in series
The Boston Celtics stopped the bleeding in the Eastern Conference finals, beating the Miami Heat, 101-91, on Friday night in Boston.
Kevin Garnett (24 points, 11 rebounds) and Rajon Rondo (21 points, 10 assists) each had a double-double and Paul Pierce added 23 points to help the C’s make the series 2-1 in favor of the Heat.
LeBron James was the only Heat player to offer anything productive, pouring in 34 points, shooting 16-26 from the floor. Shooting guard Dwyane Wade struggled in the first half and finished with 18 points.
The Celtics outscored the Heat, 55-35, in the second and third quarters to take a 22-point lead into the final frame.
Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller led a fourth-quarter charge and the Heat managed to get the game as close as 95-87, but couldn’t close the gap. Chalmers and Miller finished with 14 and 11 points, respectively.
The personal foul spread, a huge focal point of the first two games of the series, was dead even in Game 3 at 24 fouls each.
Game 4 is on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. in Boston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kattar wins main event in MMA action in Salem - 0
- Pro bouts highlight Rockingham Park MMA card in Salem - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: The magic has returned to Fenway - 0
- MLB draft rich with NH talent - 0
- Red Sox stuck to their plan during draft - 0
- Salem boys take another v-ball title - 0
- LeBlanc paces Conant win over Somersworth for Division III baseball title - 0
- Perkins paces Pittsfield - 0
- State girls final tennis match gains attention for the wrong reason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- Woman rescued after Franklin accident, 50-foot plunge - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840