Bedford boys make it a three-peat in Div. II tennis
The Bedford boys’ tennis team finished what they started in Tuesday’s suspended Division II championship match, riding the hot hand of Mark HoSang to take a 5-4 victory over Hanover at Derryfield in Manchester on Thursday.
HoSang teamed with Jim Delahunty to clinch the deciding match over Nick Ballou and Tornike Shubitidze, 8-5. On Tuesday, HoSang defeated Ballou, 8-2, while Shubitidze beat Delahunty, 8-3.
The title is the third consecutive crown for the Bulldogs, who finished the season at 16-1.
McKinley Grimes and Dan Soucy defeated Christian Mueller and Luke Candido, 8-0 in the other Bedford victory.
Jackson Greenspan and Richard Qui managed to defeat Jim Foley and Matt Weeks, 9-7 for Hanover’s fourth win.
The Marauders also finished the season at 16-1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
- High school action - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840