Home » News » Public Safety
Kitchen fire damages apartment
MANCHESTER — Firefighters quickly doused a kitchen fire that caused minimal damage to a 109 Eastern Ave. apartment Wednesday night.
The fire broke out about 7:30 p.m. and was under control in about 15 minutes, a fire dispatcher said. Damage was limited to the stove, he said. Water damage prevented the occupants from returning until today.
The American Red Cross said it is assisting the four adults and two children who live there.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 1
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 1
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Berlin man dies while kayaking
Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos