May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police use Taser on man accused of assaulting girlfriend
SALEM — A 24-year-old man armed with a shotgun was taken down by police on Sunday after he allegedly refused to surrender his weapon and told officers they would have to shoot him, police said.
Jeryn Savage of Salem is being held on $25,000 cash bail after he was arrested on eight charges, including second-degree assault, for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, police said.
Police responded to Cole’s Trailer Park at 29 Lowell Road at 4:56 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a domestic disturbance in which an armed man was inside a trailer with an infant, police said.
Savage was told by police to surrender his weapon and get on the ground by officers who arrived on the scene, but he refused, police said.
Savage “told officers that they would have to shoot him,” Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said.
One officer fired a Taser at Savage sending him to the ground, while other police officers kept their guns pointed at Savage, according to Patten.
Savage was then taken into custody without further incident, police said.
Officers were later told that Savage had punched holes in the walls of the trailer unit and repeatedly assaulted his girlfriend, police said.
She had visible injuries to her face, head and neck, police said.
Savage also had a confrontation with the woman’s parents earlier in which he brandished the shotgun and told them he wished they were dead, police said. Savage was booked at the police station where he received treatment for scrapes on his head. He was injured from dropping to the ground after being hit with the Taser, police said.
Savage is also charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, endangering the welfare of a child, reckless conduct, criminal mischief and two counts of criminal threatening.
He was held on cash bail pending his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424