June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Pair accused of trying to pawn stolen gold jewelry
SALEM — Two people were arrested outside of a Salem pawn shop on Friday after they were found with $3,000 worth of stolen jewelry, police said.
Michael Langone, 46, and Cassandra Hooper, 29, both of Derry, were taken into custody on drug and theft-related charges after being questioned outside a South Broadway pawn shop.
Police were called to Cash for Gold, at 527 S. Broadway, at 6:43 p.m. for a report of a man attempting to pawn gold jewelry.
Langone claimed they were helping Hooper’s mother with “cleaning out her home,” police said. But Hooper’s mother told police that neither her daughter nor Langone had permission to pawn the jewelry and that she wanted it back, police said.
Langone and Hooper were sitting in a car outside of the pawn shop when they were questioned by police.
Police found that the couple had several baggies of heroin and a small amount of codeine pills on them.
Langone was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug.
Hooper was charged with possession of a controlled drug and had an outstanding bench warrant for theft. Langone and Hooper were taken into custody without incident, police said.
Bail was set for Langone at $2,500 cash. Hooper refused the services of a bail commissioner.
They were both transported to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 5
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 8
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424