May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Pair accused of trying to pawn stolen gold jewelry
SALEM — Two people were arrested outside of a Salem pawn shop on Friday after they were found with $3,000 worth of stolen jewelry, police said.
Michael Langone, 46, and Cassandra Hooper, 29, both of Derry, were taken into custody on drug and theft-related charges after being questioned outside a South Broadway pawn shop.
Police were called to Cash for Gold, at 527 S. Broadway, at 6:43 p.m. for a report of a man attempting to pawn gold jewelry.
Langone claimed they were helping Hooper’s mother with “cleaning out her home,” police said. But Hooper’s mother told police that neither her daughter nor Langone had permission to pawn the jewelry and that she wanted it back, police said.
Langone and Hooper were sitting in a car outside of the pawn shop when they were questioned by police.
Police found that the couple had several baggies of heroin and a small amount of codeine pills on them.
Langone was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug.
Hooper was charged with possession of a controlled drug and had an outstanding bench warrant for theft. Langone and Hooper were taken into custody without incident, police said.
Bail was set for Langone at $2,500 cash. Hooper refused the services of a bail commissioner.
They were both transported to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424