May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police seize gun in resisting-arrest case
MANCHESTER - An officer arrested a local resident who struggled with him over a .380 unloaded handgun the man had tucked inside his waistband, police said.
Police said the incident happened Sunday about 2:30 p.m. when police were called about a fight at 20 Croteau Court. An officer saw a man matching the description of one of the people involved in the fight walking near 891 Mammoth Road.
An officer pulled up next to him, told him to stop and to sit on the curb. Police said the man, identified as Nathanial Goldthwaite-Jacobs, 19, of 20 Kildeer Drive, initially complied but became evasive when asked if he had any weapons.
He was patted down for weapons, and the officer immediately recognized the butt of a handgun tucked inside his waistband in the back, according to a press release.
Goldthwaite-Jacobs struggled with the officer as he tried to retrieve the gun, police said. The officer restrained him until backup arrived. The .380 handgun was recovered from the rear of his pants and seized for safekeeping.
Police said the gun was not loaded, but a loaded magazine was found in the manís front pants pocket.
Lt. Maureen Tessier said Goldthwaite-Jacobs did not have a license to carry a concealed weapon, but one is not needed for an unloaded gun.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424