ATV club offers safety course
COLEBROOK — With the start of the all-terrain vehicle season and several New Hampshire ATV accidents already reported, the Metallak All-Terrain Vehicle Club is striving to help reduce crashes and educate the public on safe practices.
The club will sponsor an OHRV Safety Course June 9 at 8 a.m. at Notchview RV Campground, 54 Forbes Hill Road, Colebrook. Reservations are required and the course is limited to the first 25 applicants.
New Hampshire Fish and Game-certified volunteer instructors teach the safety education courses for use of snowmobiles, ATVs and trail bikes. The courses to certify children 12 and older, are free of charge, and parents are encouraged to attend.
New Hampshire law requires any operator 12 and over to show proof of having completed an approved safety education class, or possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license. Any operator under 14 must be accompanied by a licensed adult over 18. Operators under age 12 cannot legally cross roads and operators under 18 may not carry passengers on a three- or four-wheel ATV.
A helmet and eye protection are also required for operators under 18 in New Hampshire and passengers under 18 must wear helmets.
The Metallak ATV Club will provide lunch for those who attend the June 9 event. Each participant must bring a helmet with eye protection and outdoor riding clothes.
For more information or to sign up, call 237-4237.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 11
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 16
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641