Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in Kingston boating accident
KINGSTON - Marine Patrol investigators are still trying to find out what caused Saturday night's fatal boating accident.
A 54-year-old man died when the boat he was piloting collided with another on Country Pond sometime before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Sgt. Crystal McLain said the operator of the second boat, a 51-year-old man, was uninjured in the crash.
The dead man had five other people with him on his boat at the time of the accident. McLain said they were all treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Nothing has been ruled out as a cause, she said, and speed an alcohol are being considered possible factors.
"In any case, the entire totality of the circumstances are looked at," she said.
The names of the people involved are currently being withheld until all of the family notifications can be made, Mclain said. More information will be released as the investigation continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 11
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013