Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in Kingston boating accident
KINGSTON - Marine Patrol investigators are still trying to find out what caused Saturday night's fatal boating accident.
A 54-year-old man died when the boat he was piloting collided with another on Country Pond sometime before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Sgt. Crystal McLain said the operator of the second boat, a 51-year-old man, was uninjured in the crash.
The dead man had five other people with him on his boat at the time of the accident. McLain said they were all treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Nothing has been ruled out as a cause, she said, and speed an alcohol are being considered possible factors.
"In any case, the entire totality of the circumstances are looked at," she said.
The names of the people involved are currently being withheld until all of the family notifications can be made, Mclain said. More information will be released as the investigation continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions