Home » News » Public Safety
Sick Penacook man flown off Mount Hale
BETHLEHEM -- A Penacook man was flown off Mount Hale today after suffering what authorities termed a heat-related illness.
According to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials, at approximately 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, conservation officers were notified of a hiker suffering a medical emergency near the summit of Mount Hale.
Conservation officers, members of the Twin Mountain and Bethlehem Fire Department and volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue Team responded to the Hale Brook Trail and made a 2.2 mile hike to get to the victim.
A Blackhawk helicopter from the N.H. Army National Guard was used to evacuate the debilitated hiker, identified as Kerry Barnsley, 51, of Penacook. Barnsley was flown directly to Littleton Regional Hospital. Officials believe he suffered a heat-related illness.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19