Home » News » Public Safety
Sick Penacook man flown off Mount Hale
BETHLEHEM -- A Penacook man was flown off Mount Hale today after suffering what authorities termed a heat-related illness.
According to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials, at approximately 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, conservation officers were notified of a hiker suffering a medical emergency near the summit of Mount Hale.
Conservation officers, members of the Twin Mountain and Bethlehem Fire Department and volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue Team responded to the Hale Brook Trail and made a 2.2 mile hike to get to the victim.
A Blackhawk helicopter from the N.H. Army National Guard was used to evacuate the debilitated hiker, identified as Kerry Barnsley, 51, of Penacook. Barnsley was flown directly to Littleton Regional Hospital. Officials believe he suffered a heat-related illness.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 1
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 42
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time