In this weekend's editions
Special section: Vacation Guide 1
New water slides at Liquid Planet, a new zip line ride at Cranmore Mountain, a festival of food trucks at Rockingham Park and plenty of concerts, fairs and events await Granite Staters and tourists alike this summer. Get all the details in the Discover New Hampshire section inside this weekend's New Hampshire Sunday News. This 24-page guide will have lots of ideas to keep you captivated. The section is the first of three Discover New Hampshire vacation sections this summer highlighting all the ways to enjoy our state. Others will be published June 24 and July 2.
Health care costs
In the first of a four-part series, we look at one of the biggest drivers of municipal budgets: the rapid rise in health care costs. The city of Manchester paid $19.5 million in health insurance claims in the last fiscal year, a 16 percent hike from the previous year. In this weekend's New Hampshire Sunday News, we look at how the city is trying to win the health cost battle.
Business: Home is in NH
Meet Thomas “Tracy” Aquilla, a Washington patent attorney with a doctorate in molecular genetics who gave up his Jaguar, Guccis and posh D.C. career for a better opportunity — the chance to live on a Center Harbor farm with his family, be an official at the Great Meredith Rotary Ice Fishing Derby, join the Winni Brew Crew and run a private, patent-law practice from his comfortable home at Moose Pond Farm.
Sports: Sea Dogs on the way
Portland, the Red Sox' Double-A affiliate, makes its first trip to Manchester next week. Kevin Gray previews the Sea Dogs' visit, focusing on the top Boston prospects on the Portland roster.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Epping dump cats left on their own - 44
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Animal rights group finds butterfly release at kindness rally kind of cruel - 10
- Bald eagle family takes up residence in Manchester - 4
- Auto dealership employees give stray parakeet new lease on life - 0
- Big Cat Coffees website accepts NH Humane Society donations - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Dogs can be taught not to pull on leash - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Humane Society of Greater Nashua earns award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19