Home » News » Public Safety
Female bicyclist killed on Croydon road
CROYDON – A bicyclist was killed in a crash involving a pickup truck on Route 10 Wednesday evening.
“The bicycle was struck from behind by a pickup truck. They were both going in the same direction, heading south,” said Police Chief Richard Lee.
Lee said he is not releasing the name of the 32-year-old Croydon woman until he confirms that all of her family members have been notified.
The woman was riding alone and was wearing a helmet.
He used the words “massive” and “horrific” to describe her injuries.
“Any of those words would pertain to the injuries,” he said.
From the scene of the crash she was taken by Newport Ambulance Service to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where she was pronounced dead.
Because there is no cell phone reception where the collision occurred, Lee, the town’s only police officer, was notified by a motorist who drove to the police station to tell him.
“It was a horrible location and there were multiple people out on the road trying to get service,” Lee said.
The crash was also reported to 911 by a nearby resident who was alerted by one of the people at the scene. The lack of reception caused a three or four minute delay in response, Lee said.
Lee said he is not releasing the name of the motorist involved in the crash until he completes his investigation. He plans to interview the driver and a witness Thursday night.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm