Home » News » Public Safety
Female bicyclist killed on Croydon road
CROYDON – A bicyclist was killed in a crash involving a pickup truck on Route 10 Wednesday evening.
“The bicycle was struck from behind by a pickup truck. They were both going in the same direction, heading south,” said Police Chief Richard Lee.
Lee said he is not releasing the name of the 32-year-old Croydon woman until he confirms that all of her family members have been notified.
The woman was riding alone and was wearing a helmet.
He used the words “massive” and “horrific” to describe her injuries.
“Any of those words would pertain to the injuries,” he said.
From the scene of the crash she was taken by Newport Ambulance Service to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where she was pronounced dead.
Because there is no cell phone reception where the collision occurred, Lee, the town’s only police officer, was notified by a motorist who drove to the police station to tell him.
“It was a horrible location and there were multiple people out on the road trying to get service,” Lee said.
The crash was also reported to 911 by a nearby resident who was alerted by one of the people at the scene. The lack of reception caused a three or four minute delay in response, Lee said.
Lee said he is not releasing the name of the motorist involved in the crash until he completes his investigation. He plans to interview the driver and a witness Thursday night.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax