Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Convicted rapist wants verdicts overturned
CONCORD — A man found guilty two weeks ago of raping a 15-year-old fellow church member in 1997 is asking a Merrimack County Superior Court judge to throw out the verdicts and grant him a new trial.
Lawyers for Ernest Willis, 52, filed motions challenging the victim's testimony and part of a taped interview of police detectives that was played to jurors during the trial, the Concord Monitor reported.
Willis previously pleaded guilty to felonious sexual assault and admitted to one instance of sexual contact with Tina Anderson when she was under the age of consent. He denied the other charges.
Anderson, who became pregnant with Willis' baby, chose to identify herself as a victim as the case went to trial. She recounted how she had to stand before the congregation at their Trinity Baptist Church and apologize for getting pregnant.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424