Maypole dance tradition revived in Lancaster
A Maypole dance, something rarely done these days, was held Saturday at Centennial Park in Lancaster in honor of the town’s 250th anniversary, being celebrated all year.
This year that didn’t happen, but perhaps it was still too cold near the surface.
After dancing everyone had cake and lemonade and the children got May baskets made by local seniors.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.