Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man steps forward as driver who struck pedestrian in Chesterfield
"At this point, it appears likely it was his vehicle," Chesterfield Police Chief Lester C. Fairbanks said Tuesday.
"We received two pretty quick calls, one saying there was a subject trying to hitchhike, wearing dark clothing around the same time the 911 call came in saying someone had been struck on Route 9," Fairbanks said.
The pedestrian, Adam Colon, 24, of Hinsdale, was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and then taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Fairbanks said Colon is listed in "stable condition and appears to have broken bones in his legs. … We're told there are no life-threatening injuries."
The Keene man was driving to his job in Brattleboro, Vt., at that time.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Colon would have been difficult to see on the road, Fairbanks said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation