Home » News » Public Safety
Driver hits gas instead of brake, crashes into Epping Applebee's
Police said Omer Chicoine, 70, of Manchester, was attempting to park his 2005 Chevy 1500 pickup truck around 6 p.m. when he stepped on the gas.
Chicoine's passenger, Elaine Bournival, 66, of Manchester, suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Exeter Hospital, police Capt. Jason Newman said.
Newman said no one working or dining inside the restaurant was injured in the mishap.
Applebee's general manager said the restaurant was open for normal business Wednesday, but declined further comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate