action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

February 12. 2014 11:16AM

Woodstove causes Plaistow fire


Firefighters quickly extinguished a morning fire at 5 Glendale Circle in Plaistow. (Adam Swift)

PLAISTOW – Ashes from a woodstove started a second-floor kitchen fire at 5 Glendale Circle on Wednesday morning.

The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.

"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.

Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.

However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.

By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.



Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events