Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man seriously injured in Winchester crash
Joseph Rice, 23, of Keene, was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Winchester police, firefighters and ambulance workers responded to the scene on Route 10/Keene Road about one-half mile south of Coombs Bridge Road at 4:13 p.m.
Castor took evasive action by pulling into the breakdown lane, but he was unable to avoid the Jeep, which struck the driver's side of the box truck, police said. The box truck continued into the breakdown land and flipped over onto the passenger side a short distance off the roadway.
Police said Nichols saw the box truck and swerved to the center of the road to avoid striking the box truck and was struck on the passenger side with what appeared to be the rear of the Jeep after it struck the box truck, police said.
Winchester was assisted at the scene by Swanzey firefighters, Keene and Diluzio ambulance services, state police, and the Cheshire County Sheriff's Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem