November 21. 2013 8:53PM

Epping woman rocks out again, but agrees to turn down the volume this time

Union Leader Correspondent

Joyce Coffey stands outside Rockingham County Superior Court in Brentwood last year after pleading guilty to charges stemming from numerous complaints about loud rock music at her Epping residence. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)

EPPING — Joyce Coffey is rocking once again, but this time she turned her music down.

Police were called to the music lover's Mast Road residence last Saturday to investigate a loud noise complaint.

Coffey is the same woman who made national headlines last year after she was arrested four times in 26 hours because she refused to stop blasting rock music that included AC/DC's "Highway to Hell."

At one point, a judge advised Coffey to get some headphones to avoid more trouble.

This time, Brentwood police Officer Chris Rothwell responded to her home just before 3 a.m. Saturday while assisting Epping officers who were tied up on another call.

According to Brentwood police, Rothwell arrived and found Coffey listening to loud rock music on her car stereo.

She was given a verbal warning to turn the music down.

Epping police Capt. Jason Newman said Coffey complied with the order and there have been no further problems.

"She was cooperative and there was no reason for us to pursue charges," Newman said.

After last year's arrests, Coffey said she didn't think she was committing a crime by playing loud music to ease her stress over unpaid property taxes.

Coffey, who has a collection of Guns 'n Roses, AC/DC, and Nickelback music, pleaded guilty to two counts of disorderly conduct — both violation level offenses — and was fined $2,000, but she avoided paying the fine because she spent 30 days in the Hillsborough County jail.

After entering her guilty pleas last October, Coffey told a Brentwood Circuit Court judge that she planned to leave for Kentucky and had no plans to return to New Hampshire. At the time she said she was going to sell her house.

"No one will hear from me again," she said.

She could not be reached for comment and her residency status wasn't clear Thursday.