Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Chester man offers reward for stolen heirloom
A Chester man whose crucifix was stolen during a break-in is offering a $1,000 reward for the return of the family heirloom. (Courtesy)
The chain was one of several items taken in a break-in at a house on Shepard Home Road.
The chain first belonged to Richard’s grandfather, Ray Akins of Derry.
Richard said he discovered the house was broken into while he was away for a few days.
The chain was among other jewelry and a knife that were stolen.
Burglars also swiped jewelry and money from a residence on Great Oak Drive where a 22-year-old legally blind man was home alone and attacked by the intruders.
The bruising around his left eye caused by a punch to the face is fading as are the marks on his back left behind when one of the burglars struck him with an object.
“It’s amazing how many people don’t lock their doors. It’s sad that you can’t trust people anymore,” he said.
“These people going into houses go directly to where they think these (valuables) will be,” Burke said.
Burke said the burglars that hit Shepard Home Road came in through a window, but in the case of the Great Oak Drive burglary, Joe said the burglars broke in through a basement door with a dead bolt.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483