No snow is never a problem at New Hampshire Grass Drags
A freestyle rider floats through the air during the Rave X performance at the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s annual Grass Drags and Water Cross races in Fremont last year. (UNION LEADER FILE)
Snow will be on the minds of the estimated 40,000 people expected at the New Hampshire Grass Drags and Water Cross competition this weekend. The event at Brookvale Farm on Martin Road begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
Professional freestyle rider Levi LaVallee will also bring his team and be available to sign autographs. LaVallee is a nine-time Winter X Games medalist and holds the world record for the longest snowmobile distance jump at 412 feet.
Doherty said some 300 riders are planning to participate this year, including amateurs who compete Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
In addition to the races, nearly 100 vendors will be selling snowmobile gear and other equipment.
The event also serves as the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s largest fundraiser of the year.
A three-day pass is $40. Children under 12 are free.
For more information, go to www.nhgrassdrags.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Guitar Maestro Uli John Roth performs in Londonderry in advance of March Release of 'Scorpions Revisited' a Double-Disc Collection of Re-Imagined Scorpions Classics - 0
- Councilor refuses to let blindness thwart his commitment to Bedford - 0
- Announcing the 2015 Country Megaticket at the XFinity Center - 0
- Tri-state Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Hosts Groundbreaking Ski & Snowboard Camp Partnerships - 0
- Londonderry blood drive scheduled for Friday - 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
- Peterborough's Rosaly Bass named organic gardener of the year - 0
- Salem selectman vows taxpayers won't pay for railroad ties removal - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Enter to win tickets to see Cirque Ziva
UNH exhibit aims to convey realities of war
A gun fight: One the GOP should pick
Obamacare ‘surprise: More tax bill headaches
For many, snow day means no-pay day
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture