Walmart donations include $3.39m to NH groups
Walmart and the Walmart Foundation announced Tuesday that over the last fiscal year they gave more than $1 billion in cash and in-kind contributions, making it the first time Walmart or any U.S. retailer has achieved that level of giving.
The growth in global giving was largely due to increased in-kind donations in the U.S. to local food banks and families impacted by disasters.
In New Hampshire, Walmart gave $3,398,002.80, supporting nonprofits like the New Hampshire Food Bank.
In 2010, Walmart announced a $2 billion commitment of cash and in-kind gifts to hunger relief organizations in the U.S. through 2015.
In New Hampshire, Walmart donated more than 1 million pounds of food to local food banks.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.