Year's first baby arrives in Laconia
New Hampshire's first baby of 2013 arrived, as most babies do, on his own schedule at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday.
Connor Roger Garland, son of Elisia Civiello and Zachary Garland, was born at Lakes Region General Hospital eight days after his due date, and arrived only after his first-time mother endured 16 hours of labor.
"I was just happy to get him out," the Franklin woman said. "I was admitted at around 9:30 a.m."
Connor was born healthy and weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces, Civiello said.
The first baby born in Manchester arrived 11 minutes after Connor at Elliot Hospital.
Sophia Shea Markiewicz was surgically delivered at 12:25 a.m.
She is the daughter of Todd and Heather Markiewicz and was born after a labor period her father said lasted a couple of days.
Other babies to arrive soon after the start of the new year included births at 12:36 a.m. at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua and one at Concord Hospital at 4:06 a.m.
- - - - - - - -
Bill Smith may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'