Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School offers Children's Publishing Workshop Nov 15th - 0
- Blues, Baby Blues! East Coast meets West Coast in Plymouth - 0
- Contributions will buy winter coats for kids - 0
- Bedford Fire Dept. to hold live burn exercise Saturday - 0
- Guns, trash and vandalism spoil Bow wooded area - 0
- Windham charter school group gaining an ally - 0
- Londonderry teen turns to Facebook in the spirit of giving - 0
- Woodland Storybook Walk invites attendees to stroll enchanted forest - 0
- Gundalow donated to Dover park - 0
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks