All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Manchester fire displaces seven

By TODD FEATHERS
New Hampshire Union Leader

July 07. 2018 5:49PM




MANCHESTER — A fire believed to have been caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials displaced seven people from a Summer Street house Saturday afternoon.

There were no injuries as a result of the one-alarm blaze, according to the Manchester Fire Department, but it did cause an estimated $35,000 in smoke and water damage to three units in the building.

The fire began on the second floor of 735 Summer St. around 2:15 p.m. Firefighters quickly knocked it down and cleared the scene by 3:45 p.m.


Fires Manchester


More Headlines