All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Chimney likely cause of fire at condo complex


December 03. 2017 1:14AM




CARROLL - Firefighters from eight communities battled a two-alarm fire at a condominium complex in Twin Mountain on Friday night.

Twin Mountain Fire Chief Jeremy Oleson said the report of a fire at 241 Rosebrook Lane came in shortly after 9 p.m.

Oleson said the residents heard a "crackling" sound and noticed some smoke in their home. When they went outside to check, they saw a fire on the second floor.

He said all the residents of the six-unit structure were able to escape on their own. No one was hurt.

The fire appeared to be caused by a malfunction inside a chimney, he said. It was brought under control in about 90 minutes.

The Omni Mount Washington Hotel offered to put the displaced residents up overnight at no charge, he said.


General News Fires Twin Mountain


More Headlines

Aggregation

Trailblazing Greenland officer retires